My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?
If you receive a notice of denial and cannot resolve it with your employer, you have the right to a contested case proceeding before the workers` compensation commissioner. Before filing for a case proceeding, it is recommended that you contact the Iowa Division of Workers` Compensation for help and information with the enforcement of workers` compensation laws. Contact information is listed below.
Iowa Department of Workers` Compensation: (515) 281-5387 or (800) JOB-IOWA.
Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?