If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?

In Iowa, the employer has the right to choose the doctor capable of treating your type of injury appropriately. If for some reason you are dissatisfied with the chosen doctor, you should discuss alternatives with your employer or the employers` insurance carrier. You do retain the right to be examined by a doctor of your choice if you feel that the permanent rating of disability given for your injury by the employers` doctor is too low. The employer must pay for this second­opinion exam.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More