My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If you receive notice that your claim has been denied or benefits are suspended, you may file a claim with the Illinois Industrial Commission. This must be done within 3 years of the date of the injury or within 2 years of the latest benefit payment, whichever date is later. You must file an Application for Adjustment of Claim with the Illinois Industrial Commission. You can do this by contacting the Illinois Industrial Commission at the number listed below. You also may have the right to a hearing before an arbitrator of the commission if you are not receiving benefits.

Chicago: (312) 814-­6611
Peoria: (309) 671-­3019
Rockford: (815) 987-­7292
Springfield: (217­) 785-­7084

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More