My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

After receiving a notice of denial from your employer or the employers insurance company, you may file a claim to protect your benefit rights. This must be done within one year from the date of your accident by filing form WC­14 with the Georgia State Board of Workers` Compensation. If for any reason you do not receive benefits, you have the right to request a formal hearing before the Georgia State Board of Workers` Compensation. If you wish to contact the Georgia State Board of Workers` Compensation, a representative can be contacted at the phone numbers listed below.

In the metro Atlanta dialing area call (404) 656­3818 and outside the metro Atlanta area call l­800­533­0682.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More