If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- Post a Traditional Panel of Physicians consisting of at least four doctors. You may choose any one of the four. The panel must include one orthopedic physician and not more than two industrial clinics. Where possible a minority physician must be included. You may make one change to another doctor on the list without the permission of your employer.
- Post a Conformed Panel of Physicians consisting of at least ten physicians. This panel shall include the same physicians required in the Traditional Panel plus a chiropractor and a general surgeon. You may make one change to another doctor on this panel without the permission of your employer.
- Post the name of the Workers` Compensation Managed Care Organization certified by the Board which your employer has contracted with to provide medical services. Your employer must give you a notice of the eligible medical service providers and post a 24 hour toll free number for the managed care organization. A managed care representative will assist you in scheduling an appointment with the eligible medical provider of your choice. You may make one change to another eligible physician at any time, without the permission of your employer.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Long Will I Receive Them?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?