My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If the employer (or its insurer) denies benefits, a hearing may be held before the Industrial Accident Board. In case of failure to reach an agreement with the employer in regard to compensation under the law, file application with the Industrial Accident Board for a hearing on the matters at issue within two years of the date of accidental injury or one year of knowledge of the diagnosis of an occupational disease or an ionizing radiation injury. All forms can be obtained from the Office of Workers` Compensation.

Contact the Delaware Office of Workers` Compensation: Phone: (302) 422­1392

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources