My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If you receive notice of a claim denial, you should contact the insurance company`s adjuster to discuss the decision. If you believe your claim has been incorrectly denied, there are several options available to you such as mediation or a hearing.

If your claim is denied and you want to request an expedited hearing, you must file an Application for Hearing within 45 days of the date of mailing of the Notice of Contest (denial). You can do this by contacting the Colorado Division of Workers` Compensation at the number below. They can help you get the information you need in order to seek mediation or a hearing.

Colorado Division of Workers` Compensation: (303) 318-­8700. Toll-­free, in state number: (888) ­390-­7936.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More