If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
If the employer selects a physician, the claimant may petition the Workers` Compensation Commission one time only for a change of physician.
At times, the employer and or the Workers` Compensation Commission may require you to submit to a physical examination another qualified physician, designated or approved by the commission. If you refuse to participate in this examination, you may lose your right to further compensation.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?