How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
Within 30 days after the injury or death, you or the dependents of a deceased worker must give the employer and the Board written notice of the injury or death. If you do not give this notice, the Board may excuse the failure to give notice in certain circumstances. If 30 days have passed and you have not given your employer written notice, contact the employer and the Division immediately.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Workers' Compensation Articles
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?