My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If your employer or their insurance company denies your claim, you may call the Workers` Compensation Division and ask to speak to an Ombudsman, the Ombudsman acts as a mediator to assists both parties in reaching an agreement. You also have the right to obtain the services of an attorney to handle the claim in the courts as provided by the law. You can contact the Workers Compensation Division at the number below. All claims for compensation shall be barred unless within two years from the date of the accident a verified complaint is filed in the courts. Where payments of compensation have been made, such complaint must be filed within two years from the date of the last compensation payment

State of Alabama Workers` Compensation Division:(334) 242­2868 or 1­800­528­5166

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More