What if my employer is not paying me for my sales commissions?

If you have been unsuccessful in speaking with your employer informally about unpaid sales commissions, you should consider writing a formal demand letter setting forth the amounts to which you believe you are entitled, as well as the reasons that you believe you are entitled to those amounts. If you are still unable to resolve your claim for unpaid sales commissions, you may wish to consult an employment attorney for assistance in initiating litigation against your employer. You also may have access to assistance through your state’s department of labor or similar agency.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Wage and Hour Articles

Search LawInfo's Wage and Hour Resources