How can I file a claim against my employer for an unpaid sales commission?

If you are unable to resolve a claim against your employer for an unpaid sales commission informally, you should contact an experienced employment lawyer for advice in obtaining your sales commission. While relatively small amounts of unpaid commissions may be recoverable on your own in small claims court, larger unpaid sales commissions may require litigation with the assistance of an attorney. You may also want to consult with your state or federal department of labor regarding any specific statutes that might support your claim for unpaid sales commissions. 

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Wage and Hour Articles

Search LawInfo's Wage and Hour Resources