Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What recourse does an employee have under California law if he or she is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer?

If an employee is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer, the employee can file a complaint with the local Labor Commissioner’s Office. An employee can also file a civil complaint for unpaid wages in the appropriate court under California law. 

Speak to an Experienced Wage and Hour Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified wage and hour lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local wage and hour attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Wage and Hour Articles

Search LawInfo's Wage and Hour Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Featured California Wage and Hour Law Firm

Moss & Hough, Attorneys at Law

More Than 50 Collective Years of Litigation Experience Representing Individuals Against Institutions

Captcha Image

Wage and Hour Attorneys