What Should I Do If My Claim For Benefits Or Services Has Been Denied?

You should file an appeal with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.  This board, which is comprised of judges and attorneys trained in veterans’ law, will review your denied claim for benefits or services and issue a decision that can either affirm or reverse the decision of the office to which you made your claim.  The Board of Veterans’ Appeals is the administrative body that handles veterans’ disputes regarding benefits and services administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Veteran's Benefits Articles

Search LawInfo's Veteran's Benefits Resources