Can I Receive Pension Payments From The Department Of Veterans Affairs If I Am Also Receiving Compensation Payments From The Department For An Injury?

No, you cannot receive both a monthly pension payment and compensation payments for an injury sustained during military service.  However, if a veteran applies for and is granted pension moneys, but cannot receive them because he is already being paid compensation, the Department will pay whichever benefit is greater to the veteran.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Veteran's Benefits Articles

Search LawInfo's Veteran's Benefits Resources