Am I Entitled To Legal Protections Under The Scra?
Active duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and active service National guard;
Active service members of the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration;
Active service members of the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service;
United States citizens serving with the armed forces of a nation with which the United States is allied in the prosecution of a war or military action; and
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Veteran's Benefits Articles
- What types of V.A. benefits are available besides medical coverage?
- What Is Veterans' Law?
- What Is The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (Scra)?
- What Types of V.A. Benefits Are Available In Terms of Medical Treatment For Veterans?
- Who Is Eligible For Benefits And Services Under The Laws Of The Department Of Veterans Affairs?
- What Type of Life Insurance Is Available To Veterans?
- I Was Injured While Serving In The Military – Am I Eligible For Any Benefits?
- What Kind Of Legal Protections Am I Entitled To If I Qualify For The Protections Of The Scra?
- I Lied To The Department Of Veterans Affairs So That I Could Receive Benefits. What Can Happen To Me?
- How Does A Servicemember Or Dependent Request Relief Under The Scra?
- I Have Been Charged With A Crime. Can That Affect My Receipt Of Benefits?
- During What Time Period Do The Protections Of The Scra Apply?
- If I Have Forfeited My Rights To Benefits Under The Laws Of The Department Of Veterans Affairs, What Affect Does That Have On My Family Receiving Benefits?
- Do The Protections Of The Scra Automatically Take Effect, Or Must I Take Action To Invoke Scra Protections?
- My Husband Was Killed While Serving In The Armed Forces, Do I Have A Right To Compensation From The Department Of Veterans Affairs?
- Can Protection Of The Scra Be Waived?
- What Is The Veterans Benefits Administration?
- What Protections Does The Scra Provide To Servicemembers In Court And Administrative Proceedings?
- What Is The Veterans Health Administration?
- Does The Scra Offer Any Other Protections In Court Proceedings?
- I Served In The Military Am I Eligible For A Pension?
- Will Creditors Refuse To Lend Me Money Because, As A Member Of The National Guard Or Military Reserve, I Qualify For Indebtedness Protection Under The Scra?
- What Are Aid And Attendance And Housebound Benefits?
- How Does The Scra Protect Servicemembers From Lenders?
- How Much Will I Receive If I Am Eligible For A Department Of Veterans Affairs Pension?
- What Protections Does Scra Provide Servicemembers Who Have Automobile Leases?
- Can I Receive Pension Payments From The Department Of Veterans Affairs If I Am Also Receiving Compensation Payments From The Department For An Injury?
- What Protections Does Scra Provide Servicemembers Who Have Real Estate Leases?
- If My Deceased Husband/Wife Was A Veteran Am I Entitled To A Pension?
- What Protection Does The Scra Offer Servicemembers From Evictions?
- I Have Been Injured During Military Service, And Cannot Get A Job Because Of My Disability. What Services Can The Department Of Veterans Affairs Provide Me?
- How Do Scra Protections Affect Foreclosures And Repossessions?
- Will The Department Of Veterans Affairs Cover The Costs Of My Education?
- How Do Scra Protections Affect Insurance?
- What Should I Do If My Claim For Benefits Or Services Has Been Denied?
- How Does Deploying For Active Duty Or Be Ordered To Relocate Affect My Domicile (Legal Residence)?
- On What Grounds Can The Denial Of My Claim For Benefits Or Services Be Overturned?
- What Kind Of Tax Protection Does The Scra Provide?
- I Am A Veteran And I Am Homeless. Can The Department Of Veterans Affairs Help Me?
- As A Veteran, Am I Eligible For Home And Business Loans Administered By The Department Of Veterans Affairs?
- How Much Can I Borrow If I Am Eligible For A Home Loan Through The Department Of Veterans Affairs?
- My Spouse Who Was A Veteran Has Died. Will The Department Of Veterans Affairs Help Me Cover The Cost Of The Funeral And Burial?
- What Are The Requirements For Filing A Successful Claim For Benefits?
- Can I Hire An Attorney To Help Me Prepare A Claim Or Argue The Denial Of A Claim In Front Of The Secretary Of The Department Of Veterans Affairs?
- I Was Injured As A Result Of My Military Services, And Now I Cannot Obtain Life Insurance To Protect My Family. Can The Department Of Veterans Affairs Help Me?