What are the benefits of a federal trademark registration?
Federal trademark registration has several benefits, including:
- Constructive notice nationwide of the trademark owner's claim.
- Evidence of ownership of the trademark.
- Jurisdiction of federal courts may be invoked.
- Registration can be used as a basis for obtaining registration in foreign countries.
- Registration may be filed with U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
Speak to an Experienced Trademark Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified trademark lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local trademark attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Trademark Articles
- What Must An Application Include
- The Trademark Process
- Should I hire a Trademark Attorney?
- What Is A Certification Mark?
- What Is A Collective Mark?
- How Are Trademarks Acquired?
- What is a service mark?
- What is the difference between TM and the R within the circle ®?
- How do I obtain a copy of a trademark?
- How long does a trademark registration last?
- How long does it take to register a trademark?