How do I obtain a copy of a trademark?
Copies of documents in an application file, including, the application itself, Office action and copies of the registration certificate, can be ordered by telephone, fax, and over the Internet. Copies of trademark registrations, shipped via the U.S. Postal Service, may be purchased for $3 each. To order a copy of a trademark registration, you must provide the trademark registration number or complete serial number. Copies of other paperwork within the application can also be ordered and the fee for such documents will depend on the number of pages copied.
Orders may be placed via the following methods:
E-mail to email@example.com
Phone:(571) 272-3150 or (800) 972-6382 Staff is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Fax: (571) 273-3250 Fax service is operational 24 hours a day.
Mail Stop Document Services
Director of the U S Patent and Trademark Office
P.O. Box 1450
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450
Speak to an Experienced Trademark Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified trademark lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local trademark attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Trademark Articles
- What Must An Application Include
- The Trademark Process
- Should I hire a Trademark Attorney?
- What Is A Certification Mark?
- What Is A Collective Mark?
- How Are Trademarks Acquired?
- What is a service mark?
- What are the benefits of a federal trademark registration?
- What is the difference between TM and the R within the circle ®?
- How long does a trademark registration last?
- How long does it take to register a trademark?