Should I hire a Trademark Attorney?
Yes, if you plan on adopting and using a collective mark or asserting your legal rights under trademark law in pursing a certification mark infringement lawsuit or any action alleging the illegal use of your certification mark, you need a trademark attorney. A qualified Lead Counsel trademark attorney will provide sound legal advice of all legal requirements pertaining to the proper adoption, use and registration of certification marks and provide representation for you should any intellectual property disputes arise.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Related Topics In This Section
Additional Trademark Articles
- What Must An Application Include
- What Is A Certification Mark?
- The Trademark Process
- What Is A Collective Mark?
- How Are Trademarks Acquired?
- What is a service mark?
- What are the benefits of a federal trademark registration?
- What is the difference between TM and the R within the circle ®?
- How do I obtain a copy of a trademark?
- How long does a trademark registration last?
- How long does it take to register a trademark?