What Costs Are Included In The Costs Of Attendance?
Costs of attendance include all items that are included in costs of attendance for purposes of calculating a student's financial need in accordance with the Higher Education Act. Thus, they include tuition, fees, room, board, books, equipment, and other necessary expenses, such as transportation. Costs of attendance include more items than are included in qualified tuition and related expenses for purposes the Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Credits.
Speak to an Experienced Student Loan Interest Deduction Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified student loan interest deduction lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local student loan interest deduction attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Student Loan Interest Deduction Articles
- Are There Any Limits On What Qualifies As A Student Loan?
- Is A Student Loan Interest Deduction Available If The Student Loan Is Not Federally Guaranteed Or Otherwise Subsidized?
- Is The Deduction Available For Interest Paid On Loans Used To Pay For Graduate School?
- Are There Any Limits On Who May Take The Student Loan Interest Deduction?
- May A Former Student Whose Loans Are Already In Repayment Deduct The Interest They Pay On A Student Loan On Or After January 1, 1998?
- May A Parent Claim The Student Loan Interest Deduction If The Parent Borrows To Pay His/Her Childs Costs Of Attending College?
- If An Individual Has Paid More Than $1,000 In Interest On Student Loans In 1998 And Is Otherwise Eligible To Take The Maximum Student Loan Interest Deduction, How Large A Deduction May The Individual Claim?
- Does An Individual Have To Itemize His/Her Income Tax Deductions To Claim The Student Loan Interest Deduction?
- If A Student Is Claimed As A Dependent By His/Her Parent In A Particular Taxable Year, May The Student Take The Student Loan Interest Deduction For Student Loan Interest That He/She Pays In That Year?
- Are Tax Benefits Available If The Student Repays His/Her Loan By Performing Community Service Rather Than Making Cash Payments?