Why should I plan my estate in 2012?
The gifting that can be completed tax-free in 2012 is significant. If one has a large estate it may benefit them to take advantage of the current large gift tax exemption, which will expire in 2013.
Speak to an Experienced Estate Tax Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate tax lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate tax attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Estate Tax Articles
- What is the death tax and how does it affect estate planning?
- What is the estate tax exemption and how is it calculated?
- What is gift tax and how does it apply to making lifetime gifts?
- Why is there a key difference between estate tax in 2012 and 2013?
- Are Non-Resident and Resident Aliens treated the same as US residents for the purposes of transfer taxes?
- Do I need an attorney to help with my estate planning?