Does private disability protection reduce your Social Security Disability benefit?
No. Your eligibility for Social Security disability payments is not affected by any private insurance you may have. However, worker`s compensation and certain other public disability payments may affect your Social Security benefit.
Speak to an Experienced Social Security Disability Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified social security disability lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local social security disability attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Social Security Disability Articles
- Social Security Disability
- What kind of disability benefits does Social Security pay?
- What is the difference between Social Security disability and SSI?
- I receive Social Security disability benefits. Will my Social Security benefits change when I turn age 65?
- What are the disability requirements for social security disability purposes?
- How do I receive the Lump Sum Death Payment after a relative dies?