Does private disability protection reduce your Social Security Disability benefit?
No. Your eligibility for Social Security disability payments is not affected by any private insurance you may have. However, worker`s compensation and certain other public disability payments may affect your Social Security benefit.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Social Security Disability Articles
- Social Security Disability
- What kind of disability benefits does Social Security pay?
- What is the difference between Social Security disability and SSI?
- What are the disability requirements for social security disability purposes?
- I receive Social Security disability benefits. Will my Social Security benefits change when I turn age 65?
- How do I receive the Lump Sum Death Payment after a relative dies?