Are All Companies Subject To Securities Laws?
Some companies, depending on their type and how they are structured, are exempt from the registration and reporting requirements of the securities laws. Although, almost all companies are subject to federal and state antifraud rules.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Securities Articles
- Securities Law
- Individual Protection when a Brokerage Firm Fails or Files for Bankruptcy
- What Is A Security?
- What Are The Federal Securities Laws?
- What Do These Securities Laws Cover?
- What Is The Securities Investor Protection Act?
- Are There State Securities Laws?
- What Are Blue Sky Laws?