How Does Dhcd Differ From The U.S. Department Of Housing And Urban Development?

DHCD is a state agency, and HUD is a federal agency. Both agencies are concerned with public and assisted housing as well as community development. In many instances, DHCD administers programs and funds on behalf of HUD. Also, there are several state programs that are very similar to federal programs. Some of the more common federal programs are Section 8 rental assistance, Community Development Block Grants and Community Services Block Grants. Some examples of similar state programs are the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program (similar to Section 8 but funded with state dollars) and Community Development Action Grants (similar to block grants but funded with state dollars). Depending on your question, try to determine whether you are asking about a federal or state program before you pick up the phone. For access to HUD, try

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Real Estate Articles

Search LawInfo's Real Estate Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More