Where and When do Foreclosure Sales Take Place in Texas?
All property foreclosures in Texas occur on the first Tuesday of the month, regardless of whether that Tuesday is a legal holiday. Foreclosure sales must occur between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm and usually occur on the steps of the courthouse in the jurisdiction where the property is located. The published Notice of Sale provide the public with notice of the exact date, time and location for a specific property foreclosure.
Additional Foreclosure Articles
- Does Texas Law Allow for a Redemption Period After a Foreclosure?
- What Public Notice Requirements are There for a Real Estate Foreclosure in Texas?
- Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in Texas?
- How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Texas?
- How Long Does the Typical Foreclosure Process Take in Texas?
- Can I Keep My Home If I File Bankruptcy in Texas?
Search LawInfo's Foreclosure Resources