How Long Does the Typical Foreclosure Process Take in Georgia?
Most Georgia property foreclosures take between 1-3 months to complete. Out of court foreclosure sales must be preceded by 4 weeks of public notice and foreclosure sales only occur on the first Tuesday of the month. Therefore, if there is a delay, the foreclosure would be put off until the following month.
Additional Foreclosure Articles
- Does Georgia Law Allow for a Redemption Period After a Foreclosure?
- Where and When do Foreclosure Sales Take Place in Georgia?
- What Public Notice Requirements are There for a Real Estate Foreclosure in Georgia?
- Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in Georgia?
- How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Georgia?
- Can I Keep My Home If I File Bankruptcy in Georgia?
Search LawInfo's Foreclosure Resources