How Do We Establish Residency In Florida?
See these sections of the Florida Statutes:
- Section 222.17 (homestead exemption)
- Section 1009.21 (residency requirements for tuition and state financial aid for education)
- Section 196.015
- Section 372.57
The Florida Department of Elder Affairs has information on Florida residency in the "Retirement" section of their website
The Florida Department of Revenue has information in the "new residents" section of their website
See also information from Florida county elections supervisors
See also information from Florida county property appraisers
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Real Estate Articles
- Where Do I Learn More About Real Estate In: Florida
- How Do I Look For Information On A Real Estate Company Including Principals Names, Address, And Currency Of Licensure?
- How Can I Apply For A Florida Real Estate License?