How Do We Establish Residency In Florida?
See these sections of the Florida Statutes:
- Section 222.17 (homestead exemption)
- Section 1009.21 (residency requirements for tuition and state financial aid for education)
- Section 196.015
- Section 372.57
The Florida Department of Elder Affairs has information on Florida residency in the "Retirement" section of their website
The Florida Department of Revenue has information in the "new residents" section of their website
See also information from Florida county elections supervisors
See also information from Florida county property appraisers
Speak to an Experienced Real Estate Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified real estate lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local real estate attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Real Estate Articles
- Where Do I Learn More About Real Estate In: Florida
- How Do I Look For Information On A Real Estate Company Including Principals Names, Address, And Currency Of Licensure?
- How Can I Apply For A Florida Real Estate License?