I Received A Listing Through A Connection With A Friend. My Friend Is Unlicensed. Can I Share A Portion Of My Commission With My Friend?
No. State laws prohibits the sharing of commission or compensation, whether directly or indirectly, with an individual who was not a broker or salesperson when the services were rendered.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Real Estate Articles
- Do I Have A 30-Day Grace Period To Renew My Licensee?
- I Am Starting A Limited Liability Company. Does My Llc Need To Be Licensed?
- I Am The Holder Of A Salespersons License. Can I Form My Own Have To Be A Licensed Salesperson Before I Can Become A Broker?
- Can I Sell Real Estate Without A Sponsoring Broker?
- Will The State Hold My License For Me Instead Of It Being Held By A Broker?
- I Hold A Brokers License And Have Numerous Salespeople Affiliated With Me As Salespersons. Am I Responsible For Their Actions?
- I Just Signed A Listing Agreement With A Client. What Is The Time Frame In Which I Have To Give The Client A Copy Of The Listing Agreement?