Can The Department Of Real Estate Help Me With Landlord/Tenant Matters?

Probably not. Normally, a problem between a landlord and a tenant will be a civil matter. This means that the parties must either resolve the problem amongst themselves or seek a resolution in court. The Department of Real Estate would only be involved in a landlord/tenant issue if there is a complaint against a real estate licensee who is performing acts requiring a real estate license (e.g., representing the landlord as a property manager).

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Real Estate Articles

Search LawInfo's Real Estate Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More