What is a safety-related motor vehicle defect?
The United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301) defines motor vehicle safety as “the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle.” A defect includes “any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment.” As reported by the Office of Defects Investigation ( www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov) a "safety defect" is defined as a problem that exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that:
Examples of defects considered safety-related:
Examples of defects NOT considered safety-related:
Speak to an Experienced Toyota Brake Pad Recall Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified toyota brake pad recall lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local toyota brake pad recall attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Toyota Brake Pad Recall Articles
- Motor Vehicle Product Liability Law: Toyota's Liability for Car Accidents
- List of Possible Lawsuits Against Toyota
- What is a Toyota motor vehicle defect?
- How do I file a safety complaint about a defective Toyota?
- Can I sue if I'm hurt in an accident caused by a defect in my Toyota?
- How do you know if you have a personal injury claim?
- What should I do if I'm hurt in an accident caused by a defective acceleration in my Toyota?
- Am I at fault for an accident if it happened because my brakes failed on my Toyota?
- If my Toyota is on a recall list, will I be liable if I'm in an accident?
- Once an automobile recall is initiated, can I take independent legal action for injuries I may have suffered?
- How are problems with recalled vehicles or equipment remedied?
- Can I sue if my resale value of my Toyota has gone down because of the Toyota Recall?