How are problems with recalled vehicles or equipment remedied?
Once a safety-defect determination is made, the law gives the manufacturer three options for correcting the defect – repair, replacement, or refund. In the case of a vehicle recall, the manufacturer may choose to repair the vehicle at no charge; replace the vehicle with an identical or similar vehicle; or refund the purchase price in full, minus a reasonable allowance for depreciation. In the case of equipment, including tires and child safety seats, the manufacturer may either repair or replace the affected equipment at no charge to the consumer.
In addition, if a vehicle owner or passenger was injured as a result of a defect in the vehicle, the manufacturer may be subject to a lawsuit for the resulting damages.
Speak to an Experienced Toyota Brake Pad Recall Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified toyota brake pad recall lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local toyota brake pad recall attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Toyota Brake Pad Recall Articles
- Motor Vehicle Product Liability Law: Toyota's Liability for Car Accidents
- List of Possible Lawsuits Against Toyota
- What is a Toyota motor vehicle defect?
- How do I file a safety complaint about a defective Toyota?
- Can I sue if I'm hurt in an accident caused by a defect in my Toyota?
- How do you know if you have a personal injury claim?
- What should I do if I'm hurt in an accident caused by a defective acceleration in my Toyota?
- Am I at fault for an accident if it happened because my brakes failed on my Toyota?
- If my Toyota is on a recall list, will I be liable if I'm in an accident?
- Once an automobile recall is initiated, can I take independent legal action for injuries I may have suffered?
- What is a safety-related motor vehicle defect?
- Can I sue if my resale value of my Toyota has gone down because of the Toyota Recall?