How Will I Cover My Costs?

If you were injured in an automobile accident, your automobile insurance policy should include a certain amount of coverage for your medical expenses. This coverage would apply to you and your family members as well as any passengers in the vehicle. Your own automobile insurance policy will compensate you if you are injured by an uninsured driver and you have uninsured motorist coverage.

If you are injured while on the job, your employer's worker's compensation carrier will pay your medical expenses and wage loss. Your health insurance and disability insurance carriers will usually provide benefits arising out of accidental injuries. Your carrier will most likely require that you pay them back if you prevail in a claim against another party.

Homeowners and commercial policies cover only visitors to the premises. This would be in effect for you if you were injured at someone else's home, business, etc.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Personal Injury Articles

Search LawInfo's Personal Injury Resources