How Do I Decide If I Need To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney In Rhode Island?
There are situations where an attorney is unnecessary, such as very small cases. Small claims court in Rhode Island will handle claims up to $1500. If your injury is a minor one that will not result in any incapacity, or substantial medical care, then you may want to settle it yourself in small claims court.
An attorney should be consulted if you have been seriously injured or are unsure as to the outcome of your injury. These cases can get quite complicated. In such cases, an attorney will have the legal expertise, time and resources to effectively handle your claim. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to accurately analyze the value of your case and will be able to meet all of the rules, requirements and deadlines that have to be met. You will most likely have to deal with a professional insurance adjuster from an insurance company. The sole job of the adjuster is to try to settle the claim for as little as possible. Without knowledge of the complex insurance laws and policy provisions, a person could easily give away valuable rights and lose reasonable compensation. Also of note is the fact that statistics show insurance companies pay more than twice as much compensation when an attorney is involved in your claim.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Personal Injury Articles
- I Was Injured in Rhode Island. Can I File A Lawsuit Against The Party That Caused My Injury?
- How Much Will A Personal Injury Attorney Cost In Rhode Island?
- How Long Do I Have To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney In Rhode Island?
- How Will My Personal Injury Claim Be Processed In Rhode Island?
- What Damages Can I Recover In A Personal Injury Case in Rhode Island?
- How Can I Determine How Much My Personal Injury Claim Claim Is Worth In Rhode Island?