What do I need to give to my loan servicer if I am requesting a loan modification?
You are likely to need the following documents for your loan modification request:
· Recent paystubs or documentation of your monthly gross household income
· Your most recent income tax return
· Documentation of any debts that you owe, including credit cards, student loans, vehicle loans,
etc., which shows the amount of the debts and your monthly payments on those debts
· Documentation of a second mortgage, if you have one, including the amount owed on the mortgage loan and the monthly payment amount
· Information about any other assets that you own
· A letter of explanation as to why you need a loan modification, i.e. the circumstances that have caused your financial hardship, such as job losses, medical expenses, etc.
Additional Civil Mortgage Loan Fraud Articles
- What options does a creditor have after a borrower defaults?
- What is a loan modification, and how will it help me with my mortgage?
- Will I be ineligible for a loan modification under the Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan if I am current in my mortgage payments?
- What is required of me to get a loan modification? Will it cost me anything?
- Does a loan modification reduce the amount of money that I owe on my mortgage loan?
Search LawInfo's Civil Mortgage Loan Fraud Resources