What is Crestor used for?
Crestor is used as an adjunct to a low-cholesterol diet and exercise program Crestor is thought to reduce elevated total Cholesterol (total-C), Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (LDL-C), apolipoprotein B (ApoB)-a membrane complex for LDL-C-and non-HDL-C cholesterol levels, as well triglyceride (TG) levels. It also tends to increase High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (HDL-C) (good cholesterol) in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (heterozygous familial and nonfamilial) and mixed dyslipidemia (Fredrickson Type IIa and IIb). Additionally, as an adjunct to diet, Crestor is used for the treatment of patients with elevated serum TG levels (Fredrickson Type IV); and to reduce LDL-C, total-C, and ApoB in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia as an adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments (e.g., LDL apheresis) or if such treatments are unavailable.
Source: Official Crestor site (www.astrazeneca-us.com) created and maintained by its manufacturer, AstraZeneca U.S.
Additional Crestor Articles
- Dangerous Drugs and Product Liability Law
- Defective Drug Warning Labels and Off-Label Use
- What is Crestor?
- How does Crestor work?
- Is Crestor right for you?
- I'm trying to get pregnant, can I take Crestor?
- What should I tell my health care provider before taking Crestor?
- What other drugs affect Crestor?
- What are some possible side effects of Crestor?
- What is the recent news on Crestor all about?
- Why are news organizations still covering something that happened months ago?
- What is the problem with Crestor?
- Someone I know was just switched off of Crestor-should I stop taking mine?
- How do I know if I'm one of the people at risk for rhabdomyolysis?
- Is there any truth to the report of a death from rhabdomyolysis while using Crestor?
- Is it still safe for me to take Crestor?
- Is this a similar situation to what happened with Baycol® (cerivastatin), the cholesterol drug that was withdrawn from the market?
- What are the grounds for a Crestor lawsuit?
- Is there a time limit to file a Crestor side-effect lawsuit?
- What firms handle Crestor law suits?
- Who are the Crestor lawsuits filed against?
- Should I contact the manufacturer AstraZeneca about my Crestor side-effect symptoms?
- What is a black box warning?