What Can Be Done To Lower Mold Exposure?
- Individuals who are prone to the effects of mold should stay away from problem areashumid, wet conditions.
- Indoor humidity levels should be kept below 40%.
- Air conditioning and/or a dehumidifier should be used during humid months.
- Adequate ventilation should be maintained.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before application.
- Bathrooms should be cleaned with anti mold products.
- Moist indoor areas (bathrooms, basements, etc.) should not be carpeted.
- Remove or replace previously soaked carpets and upholstery.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.