Who Can Be Held Accountable For The Medical Malpractice?
In Louisiana, a hospital may be held liable for the acts of its independently contracted physicians under certain circumstances. Relevant factors include whether the hospital controlled and supervised the professional medical judgment; whether the hospital provided the equipment used by the physician; whether the hospital billed and collected payments for the physician; whether the hospital provided the physician with malpractice and worker`s compensation insurance; and what the contract between the hospital and physician provided.
There may be more than one cause of an injury. When the negligent conduct of two or more parties contributes as causes of an injury, each party is only liable for that portion of the judgment equal to the their percentage of negligence.
Speak to an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified medical malpractice lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local medical malpractice attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Medical Malpractice Articles
- What Happens If I Am Injured In The Course Of Medical Treatment?
- How Do I Know If My Injury Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
- Is There A Time Limit In Which I Need To File A Lawsuit For Medical Malpractice?
- Does Signing A Consent Form Waive My Rights To File A Lawsuit For Medical Malpractice?
- How Much Can I Expect An Attorney To Charge To Handle A Medical Malpractice Case?
- What Damages Can Be Recovered For Medical Malpractice?