How Much Can I Expect An Attorney To Charge To Handle A Medical Malpractice Case?
Out of pocket expenses include such things as filing fees, deposition fees, expert witness fees, and other similar expenses. The attorney`s out of pocket costs are, in many cases, not included in the attorney`s fees. You should be sure to pay attention to how an attorney will bill you for costs. In a medical malpractice case, these expenses can be quite high. Many attorneys will decline a case unless there is potential for a substantial verdict or settlement.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Medical Malpractice Articles
- What Happens If I Am Injured In The Course Of Medical Treatment?
- How Do I Know If My Injury Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
- Is There A Time Limit In Which I Need To File A Lawsuit For Medical Malpractice?
- Who Can Be Held Accountable For The Medical Malpractice?
- Does Signing A Consent Form Waive My Rights To File A Lawsuit For Medical Malpractice?
- What Damages Can Be Recovered For Medical Malpractice?