Is Pre-Judgment Interest Available?
It is unclear whether prejudgment interest is available in personal injury actions. However, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals has held that prejudgment interest may be awarded for conversion, an action in tort involving property.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Medical Malpractice Articles
- Can Arbitration Be Used In Medical Malpractice Cases?
- Attorneys' Fees
- What About The Collateral Source Rule?
- What About Contributory Or Comparative Negligence?
- Damage Caps
- Is Expert Testimony Necessary?
- Do Governmental Immunities Apply?
- What About Joint And Several Liability?
- Does D.C. Have Patient Compensation Funds Or Physician Insurance?
- Are Periodic Payments Required?
- What Is The Statutes Of Limitations?
- Is A Hospital Liable For Vicarious Liability?