D.C. does not place a cap on the amount of damages recoverable in a medical malpractice action.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Medical Malpractice Articles
- Can Arbitration Be Used In Medical Malpractice Cases?
- Attorneys' Fees
- What About The Collateral Source Rule?
- What About Contributory Or Comparative Negligence?
- Is Expert Testimony Necessary?
- Do Governmental Immunities Apply?
- What About Joint And Several Liability?
- Does D.C. Have Patient Compensation Funds Or Physician Insurance?
- Are Periodic Payments Required?
- Is Pre-Judgment Interest Available?
- What Is The Statutes Of Limitations?
- Is A Hospital Liable For Vicarious Liability?