Will My Lawyer Handle Everything, Or Should I Help?
The lawyer may be able to provide a timetable that tells what still needs to be done, what will be done and when it will be done, but this isn't always possible. How long your case will take may partly depend on how busy the courts are. This is especially true for family law cases, law suits and other civil law matters.
If you have any questions as your case moves along, call the lawyer. Just remember that you may be charged for the time the lawyer spends talking to you, depending on the fee arrangement.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Litigation and Appeals Articles
- Can My Attorney Quit?
- The Benefits of Litigation Funding Companies
- All About Affidavits
- Hiring an Out of State Attorney
- How to Choose a Litigation Funding Company
- What You Need to Know When Hiring a Lawyer
- Ending An Attorney Client Relationship
- What to Do if Your Attorney Doesn't Comply with Professional Obligations
- What is E-Discovery?
- What to Bring to an Initial Consultation With a Lawyer
- He's Just Not That Into You – What to Do When You Don't Like Your Lawyer
- How-To Respond To A Lawsuit
- What Is A Retainer Agreement?
- Under What Circumstances Should I Hire A Lawyer?
- What Does A Flat Fee Agreement With An Attorney Cover?
- Can I file a lawsuit without a lawyer?
- What Is A Contingency Fee Agreement?
- Is An Initial Consultation With A Lawyer Confidential?
- Which Is The Best Lawyer For My Legal Situation?
- When Hiring A Lawyer Should I Consider The Lawyers Age?
- How Should I Prepare For My Meeting With The Lawyer?
- What Questions Are Important To Ask A Prospective Attorney?
- My lawyer didn't finish handling my legal matter. What can I do?
- How Do I Know Which Lawyer To Hire?
- On what grounds can I file a complaint against a lawyer?
- What Other Things Should I Consider Before Hiring The Lawyer?
- I want to thank my attorney for his/her service. What would a sample thank you letter contain?
- How long must an attorney keep a client's records?
- What Questions Should I Ask Myself In Making A Decision About Hiring A Lawyer?
- How Does A Lawyer Set The Fees I'm Charged?
- Do All Lawyers Use The Same Fee Agreements?
- In Addition To The Lawyer's Fees, What Other Costs May Be Involved?
- Should I Get The Fee Agreement In Writing?
- What Should The Fee Agreement Include?
- How Often Will I Be Billed By My Lawyer?
- What If There's A Problem With The Bill Or I Can't Afford To Pay?
- What Is The Best Strategy For Working With My Lawyer?