What Questions Are Important To Ask A Prospective Attorney?
Some of the things you may want to ask the lawyer when you talk over the phone or meet include:
How much experience do you have with legal issues similar to mine?
How recently have you handled a case like mine?
How was it resolved? (Went to trial, settled out of court, etc.)
What was the result? (Did you win the case? Did you lose?)
What type of fee do you charge?
Will you or an assistant do most of the work on my case?
Do you regularly communicate with your clients?
Speak to an Experienced Litigation and Appeals Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified litigation and appeals lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local litigation and appeals attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Litigation and Appeals Articles
- Can My Attorney Quit?
- The Benefits of Litigation Funding Companies
- All About Affidavits
- Hiring an Out of State Attorney
- How to Choose a Litigation Funding Company
- What You Need to Know When Hiring a Lawyer
- Ending An Attorney Client Relationship
- What to Do if Your Attorney Doesn't Comply with Professional Obligations
- What is E-Discovery?
- What to Bring to an Initial Consultation With a Lawyer
- He's Just Not That Into You – What to Do When You Don't Like Your Lawyer
- How-To Respond To A Lawsuit
- What Is A Retainer Agreement?
- Under What Circumstances Should I Hire A Lawyer?
- What Does A Flat Fee Agreement With An Attorney Cover?
- Can I file a lawsuit without a lawyer?
- What Is A Contingency Fee Agreement?
- Is An Initial Consultation With A Lawyer Confidential?
- Which Is The Best Lawyer For My Legal Situation?
- When Hiring A Lawyer Should I Consider The Lawyers Age?
- How Should I Prepare For My Meeting With The Lawyer?
- My lawyer didn't finish handling my legal matter. What can I do?
- How Do I Know Which Lawyer To Hire?
- On what grounds can I file a complaint against a lawyer?
- What Other Things Should I Consider Before Hiring The Lawyer?
- I want to thank my attorney for his/her service. What would a sample thank you letter contain?
- How long must an attorney keep a client's records?
- What Questions Should I Ask Myself In Making A Decision About Hiring A Lawyer?
- Will My Lawyer Handle Everything, Or Should I Help?
- How Does A Lawyer Set The Fees I'm Charged?
- Do All Lawyers Use The Same Fee Agreements?
- In Addition To The Lawyer's Fees, What Other Costs May Be Involved?
- Should I Get The Fee Agreement In Writing?
- What Should The Fee Agreement Include?
- How Often Will I Be Billed By My Lawyer?
- What If There's A Problem With The Bill Or I Can't Afford To Pay?
- What Is The Best Strategy For Working With My Lawyer?