Do I Need A Lawyer If I Have A Problem With My Landlord?

Maybe not. First you should try to notify your landlord in writing about the problem. (Be sure to keep a copy.) if you are not satisfied in a reasonable time, you may file a claim against him in Magistrate`s Court if it is under $7,500. If your claim is over $7,500, you will probably need the help of a lawyer to go to Circuit Court.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Landlord Tenant Law Resources