What Is A Roomer Or Boarder?

A roomer or boarder is a tenant occupying a dwelling unit which lacks at least one major bathroom or kitchen facility, such as a toilet, refrigerator or stove in a building where one or more of such major facilities are supplied to be used in common by the occupants of the roomer or boarder's dwelling unit and one or more other dwelling units and in which the landlord resides.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Landlord Tenant Law Resources