When Do You Give A One Month Notice?
The day the rent is due is the start of a lease month. Rent is usually due on the first day of a month but it can be another day. Notice must be given before the end of a rent month to take effect at the end of the next rent month.
Tenant must pay rent on June 1.
Tenant wants to end the lease.
Tenant must give a written notice that is received by the landlord on or before May 31 to end the lease on June 30.
If the notice is received by the landlord the month to month lease will end June 30.
Landlords must give the same one month notice when they want to end a month to month lease.
Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles
- Can You Have An Oral Lease Agreement?
- When Should You Have A Written Lease?
- What Should Be Agreed On In A Written Lease?
- What Repairs Must A Landlord Make?
- What Repairs Must A Tenant Make?
- When Can A Landlord End A Lease?
- When Can A Tenant End A Lease?
- How Do You Give A One Month Notice?
- What Happens If A Tenant Does Not Pay Rent When Due?
- Can Tenants Have A Legal Rent Strike?
- If You Need Help Finding A Lawyer