When Can A Tenant End A Lease?
- Some written leases are automatically renewed unless the tenant gives written notice of an intent to leave at a certain time.
- Only at end of written lease.
- Tenant can end a month to month lease at any time but tenant must give a one month written notice to landlord.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles
- Can You Have An Oral Lease Agreement?
- When Should You Have A Written Lease?
- What Should Be Agreed On In A Written Lease?
- What Repairs Must A Landlord Make?
- What Repairs Must A Tenant Make?
- When Can A Landlord End A Lease?
- When Do You Give A One Month Notice?
- How Do You Give A One Month Notice?
- What Happens If A Tenant Does Not Pay Rent When Due?
- Can Tenants Have A Legal Rent Strike?
- If You Need Help Finding A Lawyer