Can Tenants Have A Legal Rent Strike?

Yes, if the landlord has not obeyed minimum housing laws. Tenants must file a suit and obey the Missouri Inadequate and Deficient Housing Law. A lawyer must help with this. However, a tenant should not stop paying rent unless so advised by a lawyer.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Landlord Tenant Law Resources