Can Tenants Have A Legal Rent Strike?
Yes, if the landlord has not obeyed minimum housing laws. Tenants must file a suit and obey the Missouri Inadequate and Deficient Housing Law. A lawyer must help with this. However, a tenant should not stop paying rent unless so advised by a lawyer.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles
- Can You Have An Oral Lease Agreement?
- When Should You Have A Written Lease?
- What Should Be Agreed On In A Written Lease?
- What Repairs Must A Landlord Make?
- What Repairs Must A Tenant Make?
- When Can A Landlord End A Lease?
- When Can A Tenant End A Lease?
- When Do You Give A One Month Notice?
- How Do You Give A One Month Notice?
- What Happens If A Tenant Does Not Pay Rent When Due?
- If You Need Help Finding A Lawyer