I Disagree With The Court's Judgment That I Owe My Landlord Money And That I Have To Move. What Can I Do?

After July 1, 1998, you have seven (7) days to file an appeal from the trial court. If the landlord requests, the court may order the tenant to pay into court the rent the trial court found the tenant owed, as well as future rent which comes due while the appeal is pending. If the tenant fails to pay, the court will order that the tenant to be removed from the property. Prior to July 1, 1998, a tenant has ten (10) days to appeal.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Landlord Tenant Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Landlord Tenant Law Resources