Will My Eviction Action Be Heard By A Jury Or Judge?

In California you have the right to have a jury decide your eviction action. If the landlord does not initially request a jury the tenant may request a jury trial. To do so the tenant must file form UD-150 (Counter-Request). Unless you qualify for a fee waiver, the requesting party must also pay the $150 jury fee.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Eviction Articles

Search LawInfo's Eviction Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More