If A Payday Falls On A Weekend Or Holiday, When Must Paychecks Be Distributed?
There is no requirement for timely payment of wages if a payday falls on a weekend or holiday. For employers who fall under the requirement to make wage payments semimonthly, if the first or the fifteenth of the month occurs on a day which is not a working day, the last preceding working day shall be the payday for all personnel who are paid at one location.
Additional Labor & Employment Law Articles
- What Is The State's Minimum Wage?
- Is It Different For Part-Time Or Full-Time Employees?
- Is It Different For Weekend Or Holiday Work?
- How Frequently Must Employees Be Paid?
- Is It Different For Exempt Or Non-Exempt Workers?
- Is It Different For Employees Paid Above Or Below A Certain Wage Level?
- Is It Different For Hourly Or Salary Paid Staff?
- Can Employees Be Required To Accept Direct Deposit Of Their Paychecks?
- How Long After A Workweek Or Bi-Weekly Pay Period Ends Must Employees Be Paid (E.G., If A Workweek Ends At Midnight On Sunday, By What Date Must The Check Be Distributed?)
- If An Employer Wishes To Change Its Workweek Or An Employee's Rate Or Manner Of Pay, How Much Advance Notice Is Required?
- What Is The State's Minimum Payment With Respect To An Employee Garnishment?
- Can An Employer Make Deductions From An Employee's Wages Due To:
- If Substance Abuse Testing Or A Criminal Records Check Is Required By The Employer As A Condition Of Employment, Can The Applicant Be Required To Pay The Cost Of Taking That Test?
- When Must The Final Paycheck Be Provided To Any Employee Who Resigns, Retires, Or Is Discharged?
- Is It Permissible For An Employer To Adopt Personnel Policies Which Provide That No Payment Will Be Made Upon Cessation Of Employment (Whether By Retirement, Resignation, Or Discharge) For Unused Sick Days, Personal Days, And Vacation Days? If So, Can Such A Policy Provide That No Such Payment Will Be Made If An Employee Resigns Without Giving At Least Ten (10) Days' Written Notice Or Before His Or Her Anniversary Date?
- Is An Employer Required To Pay Overtime Premium Pay To Employees Who Are:
- Is An Employer Required To Pay Overtime Premium Pay To Employees Who Are Employed On A Public Works Project?
- If An Employee Were To Die, What Rules Apply With Respect To The Final Payment Of Wages To That Worker's Heirs Or Next Of Kin?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide Meal And Rest Breaks?
- Are Employers Required To Post Wage, Wage-Hour Or Family Leave Posters?
- Can An Employer Adopt A Vacation Policy Which Provides That:
Search LawInfo's Labor & Employment Law Resources